Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Making a old table and chairs look new



I wanted to share how easy it was to bring an old breakfast table back to life. I have had this table for 5 years. It was still in good shape, but in need of some updating. I decided to re-cover the seats to give it a new look. 


Old breakfast table from Big Lots

I chose a modern gray and white pattern from joanne.com. I ordered 2 yards and it was just enough to cover all four chairs with some left over to maybe do a pillow cover or a table runner.


It was my first time ever doing anything like this, so I went a bought a staple gun from Lowes. I thought maybe I would have a hard time figuring out what I needed, but I grabbed the staple gun that had a picture of a lady reupholstering a chair on the package and I was set. It doesn't get much easier than that. I was ready to start stapling. It was so simple. I just unscrewed the seat bottoms, covered with the new fabric, pulled it tight and stapled the new fabric to the seat bottom.



Love my new table

No comments:

Post a Comment